Thursday, October 4, 2012

Elizabeth Briggs: Three Months As An Intern for Jill Corcoran of the Herman Agency


Ah, look what Google Alerts alerted me too:)

Liz Writes - Elizabeth Briggs: Three Months As An InternI just passed the three month mark as an intern for agent Jill Corcoran of Herman Agency, and thought it might be a good time to do a post about my experiences.  ..... (click HERE to read the whole post).

And Liz,
I am so lucky to have you as an intern. You above and beyond to help me in so many ways, and your taste is absolutely fantastic. I don't know how I ever did this job without you.

Thank you for your time, your thoughtfulness and your generosity.

Hugs,

jill

P. S. As I said, Liz is super generous...this is from the last paragraphs of this post so go to her Liz Writes blog and ask away...

Interning has also made me a better writer, because I read so many different queries and opening pages and have seen what works and what doesn't. I've also learned a ton about publishing from Jill, and she's always happy to answer my questions about the industry. I'm very lucky that I have two agents to learn from! And in return, I want to help other writers as much as possible.

On that note, do you have any questions about agents, querying, publishing, etc? Would you like query or first page critiques posted on the blog? Posts about query trends or querying advice? Q&A sessions? Let me know what you'd like to see here!

3 comments:

  1. Nice article, thanks for the information.
    Steph @ sewa mobil jakarta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read example first pages that work well to grab an agent's attention. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner