Thursday, September 1, 2011

Robin Mellom's BUSTED to Disney-Hyperion!

Do you all know that Robin Mellom is a debut author with 6 books under contract...yes, freak'n 6 books coming out....2 per year starting in Jan, 2012 until, well until she passes out or gets crippling carpal tunnel.

In May, 2010 the first two of these books were announced....DITCHED plus an unnamed 2nd YA. Well that unnamed book now has a name, and a plot, and many, many words on a computer somewhere in Central CA....that unnamed YA is named BUSTED! Here is what Robin says about BUSTED on her blog...

I'm so excited to finally tell you all the details about my next teen book. The feedback from DITCHED has been amazing and we've decided to do something...similar. Also known as a companion novel!

(Eeek!)

It will feature one of the characters in DITCHED--her name is Serenity and she is hardly calm and quiet...this girl is a firecracker! Which is making this fun (and challenging) to write. As a fictional character, she misbehaves quite a bit...often showing up at all hours of the night to give me details about her story. I wish she would just chat with me from 9 to 5, but no. She's my firecracker. And she's getting her own novel--it's called BUSTED.

A quick summary...

In BUSTED, 17-year old Serenity takes a job running errands for an eccentric couple and finds herself involved in the crazy world of LA nightlife. After a misunderstanding lands her in jail, she has one fateful night to clear her name, help a rising movie starlet avoid the paparazzi and find Adam, the coworker who is quickly stealing her heart.

As she makes decisions that can change the course of her life, Serenity discovers just how far she’ll go to set the record straight.

Many other characters from DITCHED will have appearances so I'm excited to keep writing about them. Hopefully there will be more companion novels in the future and OF COURSE I want them to all be titled past tense verbs! I shall call it the -ed collection. Then maybe move on to -ing? (The gerund collection! Ha!)

I'll keep you all posted about BUSTED. Meanwhile, I'm finishing up book one of THE CLASSROOM and galleys will be printed in August, which means I'll have cover art to share very soon.

Stay tuned. Hope y'all are having a warm, splashy summer!

My educated guess is that Busted is the 2nd of many YA's to come from Robin and Disney-Hyperion edited by the fabulous Christian Trimmer.


Again, from Robin's blog....


A Peek Inside THE CLASSROOM

The galleys for THE CLASSROOM will be printed this week. THIS. WEEK. It feels so soon. I'm back to feverishly vacuuming the floors again, feeling like the guests have arrived early! Do NOT look in my closets.

I can't tell you how excited I am about the book-- the illustrations and page design are AMAZING. Here's the inside title page...






And here's a peek at how we incorporated student interviews in between chapters (and sometimes they interrupt the chapters, those little rascals)

The illustrations are items that have been "found" by the documentary crew, so you'll find drawings in the students' notebooks, report cards, yearbook pictures, brochures from the counselor, etc. I love this one in particular... 

I'll have more to share soon! 

Yes, the more is a COVER that I hope to share very soon. Oh, and that fabulous art you are looking at for THE CLASSROOM is by the wonderful Stephen Gilpin.

Go, Robin, Go!



7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome--well done Robin! :)

    Angela @ the Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read all of them-congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITCHED is one of the most fun books I've ever read--my family had to go without food while I obsessively finished it.

    Robin is a master of teen speak and twisting up a feel-good story that leaves you on the edge of your seat.

    I can't WAIT to read more about Serenity. LOVE HER!!!

    sf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every writer's dream. Just found your blog! Glad to be on board.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner