Monday, October 25, 2010

I WANT ROMANTIC COMEDIES! October 2010

I have a wide interests in books, as you can probably tell by the sales I have made. But what I would really like more of are ROMANTIC COMEDIES. Not goofy, silly chic-lit with no underlying heart/intelligence/soul but full-fleshed, make me laugh/cry/yearn/scream ROMANTIC COMEDIES.
This weekend I was at the SCBWI Mid-Atlantic conference, which was fantastic. Being a west coaster, trying to fall asleep at a decent hour on the East Coast was not working for me so I flipped on the TV and watched (until 2am) 50 First Dates. This was probably the 8th time I've seen this movie, but I saw in it things I didn't see the last 7 times. And it got me thinking....

I watch romantic comedies over and over again. ...4 Wedding and a Funeral, You've Got Mail, Failure to Launch, Jerry McGuire, Maid of Honor, The Wedding Singer, Bridget Jones Diary, Moonstruck, Hitched, The American President, Runaway Bride, What Women Want, The Wedding Planner, Must Love Dogs, The Holiday, The Goodbye Girl, Pillow Talk, Barefoot in the Park, Who's Coming to Dinner?, 40 Year Old Virgin, Sabrina, Benny & Joon, The Devil Wears Prada, Love Actually, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Dates, 27 Dresses, Shakespeare in Love, While You Were Sleeping, About a Boy, Juno, Shallow Hal, Enchanted....this list goes on and on.

If you have a ROMANTIC COMEDY FOR TEENS, I want to read it! I will probably want to read it over and over again!

Contemporary, mystery, paranormal, historical, sci-fi.....doesn't matter---it is about characters--soul-searching, groin-yearning, heart thumping, heart breaking, fast paced, laugh out loud, cry out loud, make me want to be your character ROMANCE!

Bring it on!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, God, I'm so with you! In fact, that's the only type of movie I watch anymore. My husband doesn't even ask if I want to watch the latest action flick, unless it's got Gerard in it. Because then, I'm always interested. I read a lot of it, too, but only the adult form. If I find a book/author who makes me chuckle out loud while reading, s/he flies to the top of my "must read every book" list.

    Sorry I can't help with the teen books. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see Just Like Heaven (Reese Witherspoon) on your list. Great romantic comedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rom Com= Done. I've got something, I've been cooking up.
    - Sharidan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of the two lovers cracks me up! :D

    Funny, I love watching romantic comedies, but I can't remember the last time I read one. I hope you receive some good submissions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite teen romantic comedies are by Liz Rettig - JUMPING TO CONFUSIONS had me in tears (from laughing) and her KELLY ANN DIARIES are amazing -each one even funnier than the last (I want to be Kelly Anne's best friend!)

    I loved your movie list...all movies I can watch repeatedly...did you like LETTERS TO JULIET and VALENTINES DAY ...errr.. I even liked MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marta Acosta writes excellent, intelligent romantic comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree. That is why I Love the How to Ruin series by Simone Elkeles. Laugh out loud funny romance :-) I pick these books up over and over again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you find lots! I've been looking at my TBR shelves and thinking there's too much seriousness there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I meant to say was: Excuse Me While I Disappear is a romantic comedy (among other things).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just queried my sci-fi romance last week! I wouldn't call it a comedy, but there are definitely a lot of funny moments in it (I am incapable of writing anything that is totally serious). Now I wish I'd drummed that up a bit more in my letter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost eveyone of those movies is on my favorite movies list. You have great taste. Good luck with your subs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comedy is my favorite type of movie! And groin-yearning- LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE romantic comedies too! They're my favorite kind of movies. You had some great comedies on your list.

    As a writer, this makes me happy too. I'm querying one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner