Thursday, July 8, 2010

RALPH FLETCHER'S TEN THINGS EVERY GUY WRITER NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT WRITING TO CHRISTY OTTAVIANO BOOKS/MACMILLAN

Ralph Fletcher, one of the preeminent writers of books on writing for writers and educators, has a fantastic new book for the trade market--TEN THINGS EVERY GUY WRITER NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT WRITING, the first in a series of humorous how to write books for middle-graders, to be published by Christy Ottaviano Books/Macmillan.

This is a book that will not only be in bookstores and libraries across the nation, but I can bet you there will be barely a classroom without this book on their bookshelf. As I mentioned in my June 21st post where I announced Ralph's sale of his young adult AKA ROWAN POHI to Clarion, Ralph Fletcher is a rock star among teachers and librarians as well as young readers, many who have met him at one of his many school visits per year.

The author of numerous picture books, poetry books, memoir, middle grade, young adult, professional educator books and books on writing, Ralph is a force to be reckoned with! Not only are editors vying for his work but when I told my child's 4th grade teacher about this book the first thing she said was--"when can I get it?" and she went on to tell me that she has every book Ralph has written and uses many of his ideas in her classroom. I have to tell you, all 3 of my children have had this teacher and she is by far the best writing teacher I have yet encountered.

Check out all of Ralph Fletcher's book at his wonderful blog http://www.ralphfletcher.com/books.html

CONGRATS RALPH AND CHRISTY!

FYI, this is number two of three books we have sold for Ralph since he has joined Herman Agency just a few months ago!

6 comments:

  1. Very cool! And two more titles for my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ralph! :)

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patricia NesbittJuly 9, 2010 at 5:27 AM

    Congrats to Ralph Fletcher. I did have the good fortune to meet him as a visiting author to my school and to watch him work with young writers. I too have all his books for teachers and have used his craft lessons successfully for years. I celebrate his success, which is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner