Congrats, your book is going to acquisitions!
Um, so what does that mean?
Of course every publisher does things their own way, but here are some interesting links that peel back the curtain on the mysterious acquisitions wizard:
- The World of Peachtree Publishers: It Takes a Village to Acquire a Book...
- Little, Brown Editor Alvina Ling: Publishing by Committee
- Editorial Anonymous: The Seasonality of Acquisitions
- Editor and Complete Idiot’s Guide to Publishing Children’s Books author Harold Underdown: The Acquisitions Process
- The Intern: Publishing Process Part 1.5: Editorial Meetings