Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ARE YOU A WRITER?

Jacqui Robbins is not only one of the Grand Poupas of my writing village, a perennial conference roomy and a fab wife and mother, but Jacqui Robbins KNOWS SHE IS A WRITER.

In the flurry of our daily lives, many of us forget that we are writers. We forget to write. We tell ourselves we are too busy, too needed by others, too tired, frustrated, blocked, etc, etc, etc.

Perhaps you have a manuscript on your computer, a book or two on the shelves of B&N, or in Jacqui's case, 5 million copies of THE NEW GIRL AND ME distributed in Cheerios boxes throughout the country plus a copy or three sitting on bookstore shelves next to two or three copies of TWO OF A KIND. If you are writing, you are a writer and you owe it to yourself and your readers to put pen to paper and share your gift.

My advice.....follow Jacqui's lead. To do this, you must click on the following link and read Jacqui's WORKING IS IN PROGRESS.

OK, you read it? Great. Now turn off your Explorer, your Firefox, your Safari. Open up Word or Pages and get back to writing.

See you 1,000+ written words from now:)

5 comments:

  1. I loved this poem -- it is SO true. I did my 1500 words last night and will do another tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Jacqui's posts always make me chuckle. And now I am going to turn off my computer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff has been happening around here and I like the new look of your blog! Congrats to Jacqui -- what a great person to have in your writing village!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jacqui! She's such an inspiration! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this blog! so informative, thanks for doing what you do...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner