Wednesday, March 17, 2010

AND THE ROSE GOES TO.....


Abrams to Publish Deluxe Hardcover of Archie Marries - 2010-03-15 23:21:30 | Publishers Weekly

I was a huge Archie fan as a kid. I don't know how I missed the seven-part mini-series on the Archie, Betty and Veronica love-triangle published between August 2009 and February 2010 in commemoration of the 600th issue of Archie Comics, but I have to search them out and buy ARCHIE MARRIES.

So who do you think Archie will give the rose, oh I mean ring, to---Betty or Veronica? The cover is showing Veronica, but i wonder if you turn the book over would you find a cover with Archie kissing Betty?

This is a toughie---I am going to go with Betty since I always like substance over style but Archie is a teenagerish man now so who knows what part of him he is choosing with.

Hey, where is Reggie in all this? Jughead?

Wait a minute---these guys do not look the same as I remember them, especially Reggie, Betty and Veronica. Here, you click and see for yourself: http://www.archiecomics.com/

9 comments:

  1. Argh! I was a huge fan as a kid too, but the Archie character design on these comics IS the one I grew up with. Though I haven't read Archie comics in years, I heard about this mini-series last year and I am eager to see what happens too!

    Must order...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Archie as a kid! If he ends up with Veronica I think people will as a whole be disappointed. She's always been better suited to Reggie, and Archie belongs with Betty. Most root for them because she's steady and true, while Veronica's all flash.

    This is the first I've heard of this special mini-series, or the fact that Archie's going to tie the knot.

    You don't think he decides to move to Utah and marry them both, do you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking as a comic book person - I can't get excited about this. Major Life Changes in trademarked characters are almost always wiggled out of somehow. Hoax, dream, "imaginary story" (a concept that may be unique to comic book series; it means an interesting story that changes stuff too much so it exists in its own little bubble universe, not affecting the mainline); or, if an editor incautiously permitted a writer not to leave a loophole, clumsily monkeyed with or outright ignored. (CF the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson for the former; the death of Electra for the latter.)

    And it'd be Betty all the way if Archie had an ounce of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Archie can't marry Veronica! Betty was always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a link to an article in the NY Times about the Archie marriage controversy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helps if you put the link in there.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/06/books/06archie.html?_r=2&scp=1&sq=archie&st=cse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved those comic books!
    It has to be Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent so many hours with Archie comics as a kid. Hours!

    If it's not Betty, I don't want to know. It just wouldn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am SOO excited to see this--I also spent hours reading these as a kid. Betty all the way ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner