Friday, July 10, 2009

SUNDAYS WERE JOANIE DAYS


SUNDAYS WERE JOANIE DAYS

We’d pile into the car,
Drive past playgrounds and picnics,
Bicycles and kites,
Bbq’s and bowling alleys
Car on auto-pilot towards
Joanie new home.

We’d steer into a spot
Alone in the barren parking lot,
gulp down fresh air,
And make our way
Through dark, stanky hallways,
And lunatic screams towards
Joanie’s new home.
© Jill Corcoran 2009

More poems from this collection-- TWIN SISTER: I AM NOT YOU
More original poems by me--Original Poems by Jill Corcoran

Poetry Roundup at Jama Rattigan's this week.

6 comments:

  1. This made me gasp. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tone in this piece is perfect for a shocking last stanza. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love this. Excellent. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Definitely makes me want to read more! Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow--love how the tone changes like that to such a shocking end--then it leaves you realizing it was headed there all along, but our own assumptions masked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing command of words! You carried the emotions to an unbelievable height, then thrust the final words to drop the bomb that brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful poem, although my heart goes out to you for the pain you must have suffered for your "Womb-mate." No, I'm not trying to be funny. My senses tell me that your heart has known much pain for having shared and lost someone so special.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner