Thursday, April 30, 2009

UPCOMING CONFERENCES

I will be on two agent panels and critiquing manuscripts at the New Jersey SCBWI Annual Conference in Princeton on June 5th & 6th. Kathy Temean, the area’s Regional Advisor, has put together an outstanding program. Check out this lineup:

Richard Peck - Newbery Award Winning Author
EB Lewis - Coretta Scott King Award, Caldecott Honor Winning Illustrator/Author
Lauri Hornik - VP and Publisher, Dial
Margery Cuyler - Publisher, Marshall Cavendish
Steve Meltzer - Associate Publisher/ Executive Managing Editor, Dial, Dutton, & Celebra
Michelle Poploff - VP Editorial Director, Random House
Regina Griffin - Exec. Ed., Egmont USA
Carolyn Yoder - Editor, Calkins Creek Books - Senior Editor, History, HIGHLIGHTS
Nancy Conescu - Editor, Little Brown
Catherine Onder - Editor, HarperCollins
Emily Lawrence - Associate Editor, Simon&Schuster - Aladdin Books
Michele Burke - Associate Editor, Knopf
Lisa Yoskowitz - Ed. Asst., Dutton Children's Books
Eve Adler - Associate Editor, Henry Holt
Tamra Tuller - Editor, Philomel
Kristin Daly - Editor, Balzer & Bray
Emily Van Beek - Agent, Pippin Properties
Scott Treimel - Agent, Scott Treimel Literary Agency
Jill Corcoran - Associate Agent, Herman Agency
Rachel Orr - Agent, Prospect Agency
Jenni Ferrari-Adler - Agent, Brick House Literary Agents
Marietta Zacker - Agent, Nancy Galt Literary Agency
Scott Piehl - Design Director, Disney Group BFYR
Tim Gillner - Art Director, Boyds Mill Press
TS Ferguson- Assistant Editor, Little Brown

I will also be attending the SCBWI National Conference in LA August 7th-10th. The faulty for Nationals is too long to list here. Check out the SCBWI website for all the juicy details.

I look forward to meeting many of you at one or both of these conferences.

10 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of convincing my husband I need to go to LA in August...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Tammi:)

    J.E.---convince him! It is worth it.
    1,000 writers and illustrators + an amazing faculty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I want to go to LA so much! This is making the NJ conference look so much more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a lineup for the NJ conference. Oh, I so want to go to the LA conference one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I'm jealous of Jersey. And you know how I feel about Richard Peck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I would love to go to one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun job you have - I'm soooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to the NJ event. June 5 can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent Blogging. I am very Interested in attending Computing Conferences, since am in the IT field. I would like to gather much more info in this field. I had planned to attend the Conference which is going to be hosted online march 2010 by Cloudslam10

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner