Sunday, April 5, 2009

EDITORIAL ASS: WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER SUBMIT UNAGENTED TO PUBLISHING COMPANIES

Editorial Ass: why you should never submit unagented to publishing companies

Anyone miss Editorial Ass' 9/2/2008 post?
Yes, click and read.
No, click and reread.

Editorial Ass is an author's advocate, for sure. Yes, some people get wonderful book deals without agents and yes, EA is an agent in the adult book world and things work a wee bit differently in the children's book arena. But, I still agree with her advice. OK, enough from me.....go click on over.

7 comments:

  1. Good read! I've been subbing for two years without an agent, because there are less agents for picture books than for MG and YA...maybe I should look into it though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... I guess I better get an agent. Know where I can find one? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha thanks for posting this link. I totally agree with it. I just got back from an SCBWI conference that confirmed how important it is to have an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi C.R., Kelly and Paul.

    Frankie which conference did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jill. I read Moonie's blog, but with my hit or miss style of blog reading lately, I missed this one. And this one is not to be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill!

    It was the SCBWI Eastern PA Poconos Retreat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner