Sunday, March 8, 2009

JILL CORCORAN, ASSOCIATE AGENT, HERMAN AGENCY

The Herman Agency is growing!

I am happy to announce that I will be joining Herman Agency as an Associate Agent representing Chapter Books, Middle Grade and Young Adult authors. For more info on Herman Agency and for submission guidelines please see our website at http://www.hermanagencyinc.com/ 

I am a huge fan of humor. If you can make me laugh or crack a smile, you are my kind of writer. Even in a serious literary book, there is room for humor.

Some of my favorite books are Frindle, Stargirl, Speak, Stuck in Neutral, How I Live Now, Millicent Min, Good Enough, Seeing Emily, Things Left Unsaid, Flipped and Because of Winn Dixie.

I would also love to find funny boy books that are mixed prose and graphic novel a la Wimpy Kid, Bruce Hale's Prince of Underwhere, and even full graphic novels like Bone.

At this time I am limiting queries to published writers. However, as a writer I do have a lot of writer friends, so I will accept queries from writers I know and from the people they refer to me.

Make sure you write the word QUERY in your subject line and please, no attachments.

Modified to add: 
I have been asked to accept queries from SCBWI members. I owe a lot to SCBWI, and if you are reading this and don't belong....join NOW! As such, I will also accept queries/10 pgs from SCBWI Members too.


Added Feb 1, 2010: I no longer send form declines. If you do not receive an email response to your query + 10 pages within a month, I am sorry but I am not the right agent for your work.

23 comments:

  1. Way to go, Jill! You will be a fantastic agent! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That has to be exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jill! You'll make an awesome agent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news, Jill! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this post on a writing group I belong to. The agency website says published authors only, but your posting to the group did not. I'd love to query you but I'm a first time author, so if it's an automatic rejection based on that, I'd rather not waste either of our time. Can you clarify?

    Either way, big congratulations to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacqui, Julie, Rena, Solvang, sharigreen, Nandini, J.A. Palermo-Thanks:)

    Anon---I am limiting queries to published writers. However, as a writer I do have a lot of writer friends, so I will accept queries from writers I know and from the people they refer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Jill! And thnx for opening up Queries to your writer friends!

    Whooo hoooo! *\o/*

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Wish you much success in your new career.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Jill! Enjoy this new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Jill. Hope you keep up your own writing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CR Ever, Vivian, Kelly, Gael and Martha...Thanks:)

    Gael--I am writing like crazy. Thank goodness I have an agent for my work (Ronnie) so that I can concentrate on finding outstanding MG and YA manuscripts and place them with the perfect editors/publishers.

    Lots going on in the background...I am blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck, Jill. I sent a query before reading the published writers only part. I'm unpublished so please disregard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, great news. Congratulations, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy,
    Any friend a Murph is a friend of mine. Thanks for the query.

    Plus, I have been asked to accept SCBWI members. I owe a lot to SCBWI, and if you are reading this and don't belong....join NOW! As such, I will also accept queries/10 pgs from SCBWI Members too.

    Thanks for Crossing Chalk, Tracy. Now, off to read.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! Congrats! Glad I saw your update on my Dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You get what you deserve, Jill! Blessings all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats Jill--I just saw the news over at Verla Kay's!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the new job! Sounds like fun. I love MG and YA and look forward to reading the works of your future clients.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new job: I hope it all goes well for you and that you sell LOTS of wonderful books!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner