Tuesday, December 9, 2008

PUBLISHING PROFESSIONALS' OPINIONS ON HOW TO RESPOND TO THE NEGATIVE ECONOMIC SITUATION IN OUR INDUSTRY

Just letting you all know that I have been updating my Dec. 4th KEEP WRITING post with more publishing professionals' opinions on how to respond to the negative economic situation in our industry. As I find more posts/interviews/etc. I will add them to KEEP WRITING.

I think a positive attitude is the only way to approach dire times. What's the alternative?

We are writers/illustrators/editors/agents. That's who we are and that's who we will continue to be. Right now the timing is, well.....not good. But with time, timing changes:)

And now I am off to write, revise and revise some more.

3 comments:

  1. I love the positive spin. Thanks for adding these rays of light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill,
    I agree. And I love the line "with time, timing changes."

    So true!

    Thanks for the positive energy.

    I'm still writing and revising everyday (not that I could really stop writing if I tried!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, true, true! And the weird thing is that book sales for YA and MG is UP, not down! I read once eons ago that during the Great Depression, book sales were good. A cheap form of entertainment, I guess, which is pretty interesting actually. I've personally bought more books in hardcover - well, more books period - the last two years than ever before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner