Thursday, September 18, 2008

SCBWI LA RETREAT

I can't wait to go retreating this weekend.

Tomorrow at 1pm is check-in for the SCBWI Los Angeles Working Writer's Retreat at the Holy Spirit Retreat Center in Encino featuring Yolanda LeRoy of Charlesbridge Publishing, Lisa Cheng of Margaret K. McElderry Books/Simon & SchusterAuthor, and my original critique partner who has since moved to the freezing tundra of Minnesota, the great Julie Williams.

I love writing retreats, and with a family of five it is a rare occasion when I can get away to one, so I am oh so grateful to my loving husband for letting me escape this weekend. Retreats are a great time to take off the mommy-hat and immerse myself in writing and the writing community. Plus you never know when the publishing fairy is going to sprinkle you with font dust...Julie Williams actually sold her first book, ESCAPING TORNADO SEASON, to her editor from Harper at this very retreat!

Now, sweet publishing fairy, please sprinkle your font dust on the Superior Court of LA and set me free from jury duty tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. jill, have oodles of fun, be inspired and write write write! you deserve it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! It was a blast. I'll be blogging about it after I get some much needed sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your writing retreat! Hope you make some great writing connections, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A writing retreat - just the words sound wonderful...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

join the mailing list

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner